Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 M/T Honda Insight
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm about to replace all of my rear defroster grids with stick kits from Frost Fighter. Now the problem is, I would ideally like to match their grids 1 to 1, i.e., install exactly 18 defroster lines on the main big windshield and 3 on the secondary windshield below the hatch, and match the spacing and positions with OEM grids as closely as possible. Another big issue is that none of the Frost Fighter stick kits match my demand even remotely close (they either have less/more grids than I need, or the grids would be much larger/smaller). With that said, I need to know what kind of wiring configuration both OEM windshield grids (main and secondary) run. Are both operated by the same controller/wiring in parallel (highly unlikely but possible) or series, or does each defroster grid have it's own controller, with both controller modules being operated by the single master defroster switch on the dash? Maybe some other setup I can't think of right now? I would greatly appreciate any input, wiring diagrams, pictures (maybe someone actually tore the inside rear window trim apart and had a proper look at it), or anything else anyone has to offer. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
9,232 Posts
The two sections are wired in parallel. Here is the wiring diagram:)

You will need to open the correct wiring diagram pdf. As the individual diagrams are not indexed, look for the file ending in 64000A.

·
Registered
2001 M/T Honda Insight
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW!!! Thanks for the info and link, Jime! Honestly didn't expect a golden avalanche of information but I'll take whatever I can get o_O.

·
Registered
2001 M/T Honda Insight
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The two sections are wired in parallel. Here is the wiring diagram:)

You will need to open the correct wiring diagram pdf. As the individual diagrams are not indexed, look for the file ending in 64000A.
Sorted out the grid configuration, thanks Jime. I couldn't find in any of the service manuals or diagrams how the master rear defroster switch on the climate control panel/unit is wired though (stupid question to ask probably but this switch when pressed also activates the amber LED which indicates that the defroster is on).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts