Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2010 after daily driving a 2000 for many years. Very excited to step forward. I'm about to lower this new 2010 on Tanabe springs. While it is apart I'd like to change the rear shocks. I believe I heard some Civic rear shocks will work in place of the factory 2010+ Insight rear shocks. Is this true? Does anyone know the exact part number (KYB, Monroe, factory), or the Civic year range?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes

Just to confirm, I have a 2010 Insight and I just changed my rear factory shocks for the "KYB 343460 Excel-G Gas Shock" which are normally used in Civics, and they are perfect. Swap took about 20 minutes, nothing to modify, really simple.

Again, if you need rear shocks for a 2010 insight, you can use KYB 343460 Excel-G Gas Shock which run for about $90 for both on ebay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The KYB 343460 has a compressed length of 15.48 in. and and extended length of 21.46 in. it's designed for the 06-11 Civic.

The 348016 has a compressed length of 15.51 in. and an extended length of 23.75 in. it's for the 09-13 fit.

Both use an E2(12.2×39.5) lower mount and an S1 stud upper mount, so they should both bolt on. I would go with the Civic shocks like Madmath said, it's a heavier car so they should work better with the Insight, plus they're cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Rossasaurus
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing