Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I bought my new '02 I found that one of the cam-lock fasteners was missing. The dealership replaced it at no cost. Since I had read about this problem I removed all four fasteners and put a small dab of clear silicone caulk on them and reinstalled them. The caulk prevents them from vibrating loose. The caulk does not harden, so removing the fasteners for service is still easy. But, the caulk mus be re-applied each time. - However, when I had the dealership do the 10k service, including tire rotation, the technician neglected to re-install one of the skirts correctly. He/she had not engaged the "hooks" on the body into the "slots" in the skirt, so the skirt was flapping. I had to remove the skirt and install it correctly. - The technician had also adjusted all four tire pressures to ~30 psi even though I specifically told the service manager that I wanted 40 psi F and 38 psi R. - My advice? Become as familiar with the car as possible and check their work afterward. I finally got them to put the correct amount of 0-20W oil (2.6 qts) in during an oil change, but they still insist on lowering the tire pressures. Good luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.