Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
I had a front fastner rattle loose on the passenger side once. Luckly I noticed it before anything fell off. Close call! It was loose mainly due to the fastner not being seated all the way in the recieving clip. When puting it back on I noticed it wouldn't seat properly. Turns out that road dirt on the clip and fastner was preventing it from seating fully. After spraying the clip and fastner off with water they went together nicely. Where as before I could hear crunchy noise like dirt or sand on the metal. Maybe add this info for your tech report to your dealer. "Clean fastner and clip prior to replacing on car. Dirty fastner can work loose from clip."

You may want to think about modifying the fastner so it doesn't fall out of the skirt. I used a 1/4 inch round flat speed nut on the fastner to keep it on. The fastner has a grooved shoulder on the pointy end which makes it perfect for pushing the speed nut onto and traping it in place. I purchased the round speed nuts at my local auto store. Only drawback is that it makes putting the skirt on the car more difficult, cos the fastners get in the way at the bottom.

Hope you get this worked out with your dealership. Good luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.