Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know if one can purchase the speaker grilles for the rear deck behind the seats? I see a part 08A54-S3Y-100 for the rear speaker kit, but I only need the grilles. Please let me know if they can be ordered separately and a part number.

Also, has anyone tried installing sub bass speakers back there just to fill in the low end? If so, which do you recommend? Can the holes be enlarged so they can accomodate an 8" sub? The problem I have is the car I purchased already has installed a pair of not so good pioneer 6.5" full range speakers. I would like to replace them but I don't think I really want full range speakers back there. I also want the stock look of the Honda seagull gray colored speaker grilles for the rear.

Thank you.

--Ron

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
You can buy the individual pieces here http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...DR+DX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=ANTENNA-SPEAKER

I assume that you already have part 8 since someone already put rear speakers in (and I assume that you just need the covers - part 9)

There is not much room behind the speakers (especially on the passenger side) and the hole cut-out area is metal. The best thing to do would be to remove the speakers and take a look inside yourself so you can judge how much room you have for mods.

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear Speaker Grilles

Hi JoeCVT.

I think the part #8 is the hole cover that is in there if you don't have the rear speakers. Or am I mistaken?

Thanks,

--Ron

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
You may be right, I added rear speakers a few years ago and I think the cover that you remove is a solid plastic disk (No large 3 openings in the midle like the one in the picture) The picture looks like (to me) the piece that the speakers would screw into. But since you mention that speakers are already in the rear...You should already have this piece and all that you would need is item 9.

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts