Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about adding the rear speakers but am not pleased with them being behind the seats. That just doesn't make sense to me and seems idiotic. Why couldn't Honda have placed the spots for them in the rear side walls? Has anyone done this?

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Unless you are playing something quadrophonic, you don't really need speakers to produce mid range and high frequencies behind your head. You can use them as woofers to fill out the sound. If you put simple but powerfull drivers in the cutouts and use low pass filters on them. Because the frequencies they produce will be low and have long wavelengths, this will not mess up the stereo imaging supplied by the front speakers. In my case I did not even cut through the covering, as it does not hinder the bass significantly. I did however cut a circle out of the white sound packing so that the cone of the speaker would not push against it. It was cheap, simple, and it doesn't show at all. Anyone looking into the car would assume that I still have the original sound system and break into someone else's car. :D Oh yes, I did change out the front speakers as well. The sound is way, way better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts