Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else on here noticed a "crazing" to the gloss finish on the rear spoiler?

Mine has developed it, was wondering if it's a warranty issue as I have a Honda extebded warranty, car is a 2001 reg.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I knew how to get is off (it's also loose at the R/H end) I'd be very tempted to get it sprayed, maybe the same colour as the car. :D

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I had clear coat failure on mine when I let bird dookie sit on it too long. You have to remove the rear hatch area trim to get if off IIRC, but it's not that difficult to do. Once I had it off I sanded it down and recleared it and it looked good again. I would suspect that a good quality automotive clear would probably outlast whatever they have on it from the factory, and what's on there is also very thin too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oops. I misunderstood. The fading I'm talking about is actually on the rear plastic portion of the hatch, just below the glass. It's almost parallel to the road, and perfect for catching the sun. There's some crazing there too.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a look to see how to get the spoiler off last night, it really is simplicity itself.

Once you have removed the boot trim, undom the central nut & two out bolts (right at the ends of the spoiler), compress the wings on the white plastic clips with snipe nose pliers & off it comes.

I also noticed that the fasteners were all quite loose.

Just have to decide whether to paint it black or body colour now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone else on here noticed a "crazing" to the gloss finish on the rear spoiler?

Mine has developed it, was wondering if it's a warranty issue as I have a Honda extebded warranty, car is a 2001 reg.
Go to Dip Your Car and buy flat black plast-dip. My son sprayed all black on mine after scuffing it up with a scotch brite pad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts