Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked with the repair shop & they informed me that the bushings in the rear of my 2002 Insight are shot. They said Honda does not sell bushings separate from the rear beam so I would have to buy both and the repair cost would be over $1000. Any suggestions on where I might find just the bushings?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bush it

Looks like I will have to pay approx $1000 to have this fixed. About $650 for part plus labor. I found a used Axle at Hap recycling for $250 off a 2001 insight with 125K miles, but did not want to take a chance of getting another pair of dried out bushings. :(

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Take it to a mechanic that specializes in building and repairing race cars. The mechanics at these places are much better equiped to find novel solutions to problems like yours. There are companies that make aftermarket poly bushings in hundreds of different sizes, a good race car mechanic should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Worst case, you could have a machine shop machine replacement bushings out of Delrin. Delrin is pretty firm but they should last a long time and still be much cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts