Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Wow, impressive mod, Guillermo! Thanks for being the Beta guy on this!

So I gather that the bar works by basically limiting twist of the twist beam, is that right?

Also, I have to worry just a bit that those 8 big 3/8" holes will weaken the twist beam. Can you respond to this? Any idea how the "beefy-ness" of the Insight twist beam compares to the VW this bar was designed for? In other words, is a weaker/lighter twist beam axle on the Insight likely to be jeopardized by this swaybar (which looks really massive in its own right)?

Finally, just how much material did you have to cut off the swabar to make it fit, and how much of a chore was that? What sort of Dremel attachment did you use for this?

Oh, and one other thing: Where did you get that cool harness bar that's pictured in your car?

· Registered
113 Posts
Guillermo said:
Thank you, The harness bar was custom made by a guy that makes roll cages for race cars. It has a welded tab with a hole for mounting a camera. It's also good at keeping large things like tires from flying forward during a collision.

http://www.insightracing.ca/gallery/mods/june4_5_259
Nice. Any chance your guy would be interested in producing more of these for the rest of us? Maybe a group buy?

· Registered
113 Posts
Re: Highway Tracking & Oversteer

Jackmpg said:
Hi Guillermo,
What would you think of putting Koni's back there?
Thanks and nice job, Jack
As far as I know, there are no aftermarket shocks available for the Insight, let alone Konis. Do you know something we don't?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.