Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Insight at 81,000 mi last fall. I'm currently at 97,000. I have noticed that there is a recal done every time I go through a car wash. At first I didn't know what a recal was and was wondering what had broken. Recal starts within a mile of exiting the car wash. This doesn't seem normal. Any thoughts as to what I should be looking for?

Red '01 50.5 LMPG.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hi goviatt and welcome to the forum :!: :)

Randall's reply is a good one.

I am also wondering about how much key-on engine-off time is typical at the car wash. It would be a good idea to at least get the 12v battery checked. A 12v battery which is weak and near the point of failure will cause a recal. And you can't get your Insight started without it :!: (12v is required to pull in the HV contactor to enable an IMA battery "crank" start).

Main engine grounds in poor condition can also cause recals. When they completely fail you'll be walking.

I can't imagine that there's anything related to getting the car wet that is the cause. And I didn't believe you were necessairly implying such.

Please let the group know the outcome. ( in this thread :) )

HTH! :)

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Further to the above replies, I should add that it is my experience that recalibrations do occur more often when starting up and driving off. If your 12V and / or IMA batteries are feeling a bit delicate, it might also be related to your drive to the car wash - is it an uphill route (when you don't normally have one)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts