Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just took my car to the dealer for the recall on the low beam head light broblem. In the same time they have E Bake,PCM and Safety recall. So what are those for? Do they have any other recall I don't kwon? :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
There is a ECM "emissions" recall on 00 - 01 Insight's. It's actually a pretty major update in the software, including a fix for some early false CEL's with 02 sensor codes. Plus you now deffinitely have a speed limiter.

I don't think we have had anyone complain of the e brake lever problem, but they're replacing those as well. Supposedly they stuck.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Well, some early ones had a govenor at 113 mph, others seem to have had this little feature omitted. If you ever get it going that fast, it will just cut out on you, no biggie.

·
Registered
147 Posts
NO biggie unless you wanna race an insight... tell me again mhy some people are motocrossing their insights :!:

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,882 Posts
motocross?

Not "motocross", autocross is the correct race. Why? Because they handle so good. Period

Motorcross is for motorcycles.........................DUH

G

·
0 Posts
Recall

I saw there was a recall on the passenger airbag for the 00' and 01' models somewhere. It was one of those things where they don't have to alert you to it.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hmmm...

For _ANY_ recall the manufacturer is _required by law_ to perform due diligence in trying to contact all potential owners of the vehicles in question.

I would think that given the potential for lawsuits any "glitches" with an airbag that may cause a malfunction would also have a similar priority.

Don't know of any Insight airbag issues myself.

G

·
0 Posts
Recall Info

Not sure if this will work for non-AOL peeps. Should also be on Edmunds. I haven't tried to have this done yet (airbag is disabled for child seat at present), so this is unconfirmed... I've just seen this on this website.

http://aolsvc.edmunds.com/maintenance/recalltsb.do?step=recall&year=2001&make=Honda&model=Insight&style=2dr+Hatchback+(1.0L+3cyl+Gas/Elec+Hybrid+5M)&zip=94804&synpartner=asv&tid=asv...mnt.step2.8.Honda*#1

Nature of Defect:
1. INTERIOR SYSTEMS:pASSENGER RESTRAINTS:AIR BAG:FRONTAL:pASSENGER Recall Number: 02V196000
Dates Manufactured: N/A to N/A
Number of Vehicles Affected: 403
Date Owners Notified On: N/A

Vehicle: 2001 Honda Insight
Defect Description:
On certain passenger vehicles, some of the passenger air bag modules were not properly welded and may not deploy in a collision.

Consequence of Defect:
The seat occupant may not be properly protected in the event of a collision, increasing the risk of personal injury.

Corrective Action:
Dealers will replace the passenger air bag module. Owner notification is expected to begin during August 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Honda at 1-800-999-1099 or Acura at 1-800-382-2238.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rick said:
There is a ECM "emissions" recall on 00 - 01 Insight's. It's actually a pretty major update in the software, including a fix for some early false CEL's with 02 sensor codes.
Since about a month after I bought my '01, I've been getting a random CEL. I got it read at autozone. It was something to do with the catalytic converter. Anybody got any ideas on how to check up and see if my car had this software update done?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Go to a dealership service department with your VIN number, they can run it and see if it's been done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts