Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Insight with about 49,000 miles on it. It has its original batteries. The vast majority of my normal driving is between 35 and 50 mph in 5th gear. Lately the car has been doing a recall every 100 to 300 miles. Over the weekend, I took a trip that was almost entirely Interstare driving. On the way to my destination I averaged 68 mph. I had no recalls during the entire trip of 1040 miles. Once I got there and was doing lower speen/rpm driving, the car did a recall. On the way back home the same thing occurred. I averaged 72 mph for the 1040 mile trip home with no recalls. Today I took the car out, and within 10 miles of my normal lower rpm, I got a recall.

Has anyone else experienced a relationship between frequency of recalls vs high or low rpm driving?

Thanks for you help

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Tim Weyant said:
<snip>

Has anyone else experienced a relationship between frequency of recalls vs high or low rpm driving?

Thanks for you help

Tim

Higher RPM driving will usually increase the available current via the IMA motor / generator and reduce battery cycles therefore reducing the potential for an IMA battery recalibration or recal.

However, there appears to be other factors contributing to recal's.

See the old thread:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... fdd3075a64

HTH!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts