Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my recall notice for the IMA system from Honda. It says that they will replace components as necessary. Finally they are going to do something. They also raised the warranty on the IMA to 10 years or 150,000 miles. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good dealer in Phoenix? Dennis. :D

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Read the fine print. [edit] The IMA battery is not automatically replaced [end edit].

AFAIK its _NOT_ a recall. Just a geographically limited warranty extension. The IMA light _with_ the battery code of death still _must_ happen before [edit]its[end edit] warranty consideration. [edit]Other items may be replaced as needed.[end edit]

The new [edit]IMA battery[end edit] warranty period is 10 years / 150,000 miles

See:

US IMA warranty extension
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=4796

[edited in response to the OP's changes]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Phoenix Honda Dealer

I used Bell Honda for my last scheduled maintenance, and was pleased with the service and work. I will be calling them for this since my IMA and Engine light have now come on.

D-

·
Registered
34 Posts
anyone have any info on east valley honda service for the insight?
I'm picking mine up in a couple of hours and want to take it in and
have it checked out in the future.
I also need a new drivers door mirror, should i just go mail order on it?
I know the dealer will charge list + tax and that will be over $200,
they're $174 online.
thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Insightful Trekker said:
Read the fine print.

AFAIK its _NOT_ a recall. Just a geographically limited warranty extension. The IMA light _with_ the battery code of death still _must_ happen before warranty consideration.

The new warranty period is 10 years / 150,000 miles

See:

US IMA warranty extension
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=4796
are you sure? my Insight is at the dealer right now getting it done, and I had no problems with it. I just mentioned the recall last week when i made the appointment, and they said "yup, give us a day"
the day turned into two days :p at least i dont have to pay for the rental car. (i also did some service too, i dont think it would take more than 4 or 5 hours to actually do)

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Thanks for the correction. However, the remaining specifics of the letter are clear. :)

Yes, you need to ultimately contact the dealer of your choice regarding inspection for repairs. The letters are staggered to prevent a parts shortage. And you may "miss" the letter depending on the many particulars of your specific case.

You may need the updated controllers, but the IMA battery itself isn't automatically replaced. Its warranty is "automatically" extended to the new longer time and mileage if you meet the criteria whether or not you receive the letter.

Thanks again for the correction (I'm only human too :!: :) )

Sincerely,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts