Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am a new Honda Civic INSIGHT owner, purchased a 2006 silver insight with automatic transmission and the car has about 68000 miles on it. I have had it for about 3 weeks now and am becoming more and more pleased with my purchase each day.

QUESTION: Can any of you out there with automatics recommend after-market brand Cruise Control that you have liked and has been pretty good on your gas mileage?

I was surprised to find that the car does not have cruise control and it was never offered by Honda itself. I used to own a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid with CVT and that car had cruise control. Anyway, curious what brands people like and have had success with in their own cars.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Before my '03 CVT was crunched, I had a Rostra CC -- search on Rostra & you'll find a ton of posts in the forum. That said, I'd also like to know if there are any super-duper CCs out there. I'll probably pull the Rostra out before it's sent to the junkyard, but if there's something better..... well, I could be convinced. :angels16:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a cruise on mine, but do not know the brand. I would suggest, however, that if mileage is your primary concern, a cruise is not necessary or even your best option. I find constant "throttle" to be better. Of course, speed will vary on hills, so use this method safely, considerately, and legally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts