Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I want to put a really nice radio w/ CD and satellite in my wife's 2002 Insight. Any recommendations? Thanks, jc

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Kenwood Excelon Decks are really nice. I have one thats one model down from the top of the line without a flip up lcd screen. The outer panel even folds in when you turn the ignition off so it appears to be a detached face plate. You can pick up refurbished and warrantied units on eBay for about half of retail price. I have also added Sirius sattelite radio to mine and enjoy that as well. I hollowed out part of the styrafoam block where the cd changer goes and put the sirius brain in there and ran the wire up to the deck through the stock wiring path for the cd changer. Works great, and the Excelon electronics are very high quality.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I use the JVC El Kameleon. It looks great in the Insight but I'm not sure if they still make it. The how-to for the receiver upgrade on Insightcentral has the model I'm using.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a nice Panasonic MP3/WMA model that has never skipped a CD once since owning it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info

Thanks so much for the info. I'll check these out. I'm looking forward to a late month trip to San Fran from L.A. for the AES show. Would be nice to have a better stereo and the satellite for the trip. Best wishes, jc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey mico, I had an Alpine CDA-9831 system installed. In addition to great sound, it's brushed metal finish matches the car dash, and it has a feature that allows you to match the stereo's display colors to the car's instrument panel display colors. It looks OEM and you don't have a dozen mismatched colors coming off your dash.

I had Eclipse SE 8363's put in the front doors. They took a second set of the same speakers and put together surface mount boxes with quick-release connections so I can use them on the rear deck or stow them quickly.

Just my thoughts . . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts