Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 insight free to a good home -- for the low, low price of... you tow it away and do something useful with it. Otherwise free or best offer. Near Boston, MA.

I am the formerly-proud owner of this formerly-fine Gen1 Insight. Red. 5spd manual transmission. ~150k miles. Has been parked, unused for ~1 year; was in working condition when parked; unknown current state. Did not pass MA inspection due to duct tape on the plastic fender panels and tire condition. Clear title.

Missing both wheel skirts. Both windshield corner panels were broken by the guy who replaced the windshield improperly. Most plastic panels/fenders are in poor shape, most aluminum/metal parts are in very good shape. Seats are in good shape. IMA ECM and battery replaced under warranty in ~2007. Stock alloy wheels (5) are in good shape.

I am the original owner, sold to a friend, then he gave it back to me. I wish I had time, energy, and a reason to fix it up; I simply don't have the resources or need for this car now.

I ask only that you tow (not drive) this car away and give it a good end. Whole car only. Parts probably more valuable than whole car. I loved it for a decade and hope it can be of use to someone else.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
What a deal. One owner car for free. Too far away for me.
But someone closer will snatch this in 3...2....1....
Gerald

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
This exactly the way I got my car free as well. Except mine had been sitting 2+ years and was covered in a black moldy scum so you couldn't tell what color it was (honeydew from being parked under a scale infested cherry tree).

Frankly it sounds like the worst problems are cosmetic... obviously needs the oil changed (and maybe oil down the plug holes before starting is attempted) and a new 12v battery.

I flew in and spent two days RnRing my car before driving 700 miles home... it was an exciting sort of adventure which almost left me stranded halfway as the bad ISB noise grew to epic proportions and I could only use 2nd and 4th without popping out of gear and at isle it sounded like a #10 can full of rocks. This car sounds like it has no transmission issues, at least :).

The original owner, in my case, only stipulated that i fix it up instead of paying it out, which was fine by me since i wanted an insight. Good luck to someone and godspeed...

·
Registered
2000 insight mt
185 Posts
Sending pm

·
Registered
2000 insight mt
185 Posts
It's a Christmas miracle!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thank god Nachos sent an pm before I saw this!

I just bought my insight a couple of months ago, and really don't need another project... but....

I've always wanted a non-silver insight :)

·
Registered
2000 insight mt
185 Posts
Green Monster, I know. I rarely this lucky!

On a similar note, I think we should plan a Boston area meet up some evening in the spring. I know there are a couple of people on the forum and it would be nice to join up.

Let me know your thoughts and maybe we can start a separate thread.

·
Registered
2000 insight mt
185 Posts
I was walking to work in Cambridge and saw this insight. Who is this and how can I get a sticker!

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller...

Looks like a "hit and run"...

Red2001
Last Activity: 12-10-2015 11:15 PM

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I've post and never returned... I'd say he decided to sell it or part it out after all.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yeah, it was a "hit and run"... They haven't logged in since they created this thread, so w/o any contact info, there isn't a way to get a hold of the OP.

Red2001
Last Activity: 12-10-2015 11:15 PM

Last time they were on, was when they posted this thread...

It's a shame, since someone here would fix it up and get it back on the road. Who knows what happened to it...

It looks like a really good car. A couple of spats, pillars, inner fenders, fluid changes, and some TLC and we'd have another one saved...

I haven't seen it pop up in my local craiglist or ebay alerts...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2001 insight . I turned the main battery breaker off. Now it won't start just rolls over till the 12V goes dead . Did I do something wrong

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Changed post.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts