Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 insight

Hi all I'm sure many of you enjoy the jerky cvt but mine is now slipping at 1,500 rpm when trying to take off it. I've put some redline CVT fluid in before which is a thicker fluid and it helped a lot. I had recently changed more of the CVT fluid back to honda stuff and it got worse....... Anyone else knows how to help this from happening? the powertrain warranty is over its a 2010 with 76k miles....

Summing up
Thicker CVT fluid = less slipping
OEM fluid = more slipping

I've seen some craglist posts and it seems like these cars can hit 150k miles so idk if this is "normal" when trying to take off from a start hard but not fast like with the flow of traffic. If i push the gas hard it doesn't slip as much which is funny and if i take off like a old man it doesn't slip. Only slips when i try taking off normally like everyone else next to me 1,500 rpm to 1,900 rpm i can see the needle jumping around 400 rpm up then down

> CVT fluid changed at 61k Miles with CVT filter

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have zero experience with CVTs but I can tell you Redline Oil has a huge amount of experience with racing Honda A/Ts, the Supercharger TL crowd mixes the standard formula with the racing formula for just the right amount of bite, giving the trans double the stock HP capacity and racing them on a track. I would call Redline's tech line (they are very friendly).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts