Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows if there are different degrees of regen mode or is it simply and on off kind of thing. Does the switch down by the brake sense how far it is pushed or does it just understand pushed or not pushed. This question is for the Insight (which I have) and also the Prius (which my girlfriend has) in case someone knows and in case they might do things differently.

Thanks,

Matt

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,110 Posts
regen

Yes there are different degrees of regen. Look at it as a "voltmeter or amp meter"............The more green you see, the more power the battery is getting. Same thing in the "assist".

Willie

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
The switch on the brake pedal is just that, a switch. You can easily verify this with an ohmmeter.

The computer controls the amount of regen depending on a number of factors such as the state of charge, temperature of the pack, and the RPM of the motor, Thus maximizing the life of the batteries. The computer also ramps up the charge to prevent sudden jerking of the car, so dithering of the switch can give the impression that there is a linear relationship.

At least one person has a push button switch in parrallel with it, to regen without touching the brake pedal. See: Corry's Max Regen Mod.

Linear manual control has been achieved with a programmable microchip computer. See http://www.99mpg.com

Develope a light touch on the brake, brake early, and use a higher gear to reduce compression braking. This will achieve maximum benefit from regeneration. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts