Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2010 insight with 110k miles. I changed brake pads and rotors about 10k miles ago. When braking at slower speeds, I notice an odd almost winding sound. I've narrowed it down, and realized it only happens when I'm braking lightly, which leads me to believe it has something to do with the regenerative braking. Has anyone experienced this? It's been driving me nuts. My mechanic wasn't able to pinpoint it, but he doesn't have experience with hybrids. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's driving me crazy. It must have to do with the regenerative braking. When I apply the brakes a little harder, the noise goes away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got done at the dealership seems they got it to go away somehow. They lubed the breaks and ground the rotors but also greased the stabilizers. I had a previous noise when hitting small bumps, they fitted aftermarket stabilizers/dampeners in the front about when the new noise started. Today they said those dampeners seemed dry. They had me drive it around the parking lot and sure enough noise is gone. I was really thinking it was the regen breaking too, or a bearing somehow. Ill try to post again if it comes back. It seemed on rainy days though that there was no noise very strange stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts