Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing that is bothering me a bit is the recommended relearn after pack installs.

I'm not sure what the best way to even start a discussion about this would be.

The shop manual has very specific relearn patterns to follow after certain repairs.
None of which are self explanatory especially without the HDS which the manual recommends for every repair
And the few places that include the diagnostics without the HDS are nice but even the HDS procedures are convoluted.
Anyone who's read the manual will surely remember having to go from section to section following the recommended steps and pre - steps to complete a repair.

Would getting the recommended relearn procedures, for each specific g insight g hch, from the manuals posted be a good thing?
Or would it be better to discuss this in person at events?

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
What is the recommended relearn?

For me, it's start and let the car idle charge until it sorts out an SoC (stops idle-charging and gives some SoC indication on the gage). Done.

I have the service manual for the HCH2, and it's recommendation is:

"NOTE: IF THE IMA BATTERY LEVEL GAUGE (bat) DISPLAYS NO SEGMENTS, START THE ENGINE, AND HOLD IT BETWEEN 3,500 RPM AND 4,000 RPM WITHOUT LOAD (IN P OR N) UNTIL THE BAT DISPLAYS AT LEAST THREE SEGMENTS."

Having owned 2X HCH2 and swapping both their batteries several times, I can tell you the same can be accomplished simply by letting the car idle charge at 4-5A until 3 bars shows, and the car stops charging voluntarily.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts