Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am the second owner of my Platita (little silver), and it has been an incredibly reliable car for the last 7 years. I now live with 8 people and we all share electric vehicles so a 2-seater is no longer useful like it once was.

I've been holding on to it because I want to find a buyer who will appreciate how special this car is.

Before me it was owned by an impeccable German man who kept all the service records as have I. Regular tune ups, and the car has been virtually problem free except for replacing an oxygen sensor.

I have extreme confidence driving this car anywhere. When the IMA was working I got 60 MPG. It has 195,000 miles on it. The IMA stopped working about a year ago and I used it with only the gas engine and was getting 54 MPG. Brand new 12v Honda battery. Transmission has shifts through the 5 speeds going up easily. It does not like to be downshifted from 2nd to 1st except at slow speeds. Stereo was upgraded that has usb (integrates with an iphone) & aux cord inputs. Upgraded with great JBL speakers and a powerful subwoofer in the trunk. The body is in overall good condition for its 17 years. There is a ding on the door from a ding and run while it was parked, and had a body shop pop it back out but the job is still visible. It's a 2000 model. Tire tread is low. Back hatch lifters have been replaced. It has cruise control. Cold, strong A/C.

Man I have loved this car. Hoping there's someone that will want to get it and drive as is or put in a new IMA for another 100K+ of life in it.

Looking for buyers and also what you forum members think the car is worth.

The car is located outside of Nevada City, CA (northern california) Nearest airport is Sacramento, or Reno, NV.
Beautiful place to visit and drive a car away.

Name's Matthew

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
unfortunately it's not worth much with the issues you presented. maybe $1500 if it's relatively clean and the right buyer, probably less but really depends on the mileage it has, body and interior conditions can go a fair ways in value regardless of the dead IMA and bad transmission.

seen some decent rolling gas only cars recently go for under $1k, to give ya an idea.

most people don't like driving the car on gas only, i know i don't.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Unless I missed it, I don't see odometer reading?

2000 Insight
Silver
Miles ....??
5 speed
Downshift issue (common, decreases price)
Non functional IMA (common, decreases price)
Upgraded stereo
New 12v battery

Prices are a bit lower these days.
There was a 19,000 mile Insight going for only $5,000 recently!
Best of luck with the sale.

Post a few pics including interior. Also share the odometer reading. That should help get the sale moving in the right direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts