Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that the battery for my car's remote is fairly dead and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to remove the battery door on the remote. It has a little slot in it so I tried turning it with a screwdriver, and there is a little arrow so I tried prying it off at that point. Neither of these successfully removed the door.

How is the battery door intended to come off so that the battery can be replaced?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Foxpaw,

The small battery door at the back of the remote should twist off, counterclockwise, using a good-size coin such as a quarter.

I replaced the remote batteries about 6 months ago and used Energizer CR2025. They seem to be working fine. The extremely tiny red light above the "lock" symbol only flashes when I'm activating a button on the remote, which I assume is normal.

Hope this is "remotely" helpful. :D

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
sputnik said:
Hope this is "remotely" helpful. :D
By my read your dead on target :!: :lol:

The little red light is there to help verify that the batteries aren't dead and that the switch(s) are working. Sometimes a switch gets sticky and rapidly drains the smallish battery.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
When a known good battery is in the remote and the red light does not illuminate or the remote will no longer communicate with the receiver, then the remote is presumed dead?

Both original remote batteries died (Remote #72147-S3Y-A01). Replaced batteries with CR2025 and followed Transmitter Programming sequence from the service manual. I believe that during this reprogram sequence the memory for all remotes (up to 4) are cleared and then learned in step 13.

The brand new remote quickly learned the car. The originals do nothing.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Got to wonder if members who posted from 16 years ago still have their Insight. Or are even alive for that matter. Anyone keep track?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts