Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Is there a trick to removing the interior door panel? I'm trying to adjust my window, as it is tilted a little and operates slowly.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind, I got it.

Funny though, it seems that the previous owner had stuck a "for sale" sign in the window and it fell down into the door. It must have been interfering with the window operation.

Dan

·
Registered
303 Posts
Did you find instructions on doing this.

I just spent an outrageous $52.77 at the dealership getting my driver's side (and not the passenger side) window rollers lubricated at the stealership. :x

I plan on taking care of this service myself in the future. :badgrin:

·
Registered
922 Posts
For the door trim removal, try the bottom of this link;

http://www.insightcentral.net/KB/faq-maint.html#DoorPanel

"Shin-etsu" is the lube recommended for the window channels by the service manual. It's available at the dealer but a little pricey. It can be applied with a Q-tip after cleaning the channel. A little goes a long way.

This is really normal maintence for the Insight and will prevent the window rubber from bunching up and destroying itself.

It works great on the door, hood and hatch gaskets also

·
Registered
95 Posts
My former '04 Insight CVT had it's drivers window smashed after somone locked the keys in the car, then tried unsuccessfully to use a "slim jim" to work the latch mechanism and ruined the lower outside window trim piece. Whoever installed the factory replacement glass butchered the job, and, as a result, the window was binding heavily. I was quite happy (and astonished) when my local dealer replaced the entire window channel system and the butchered trim piece under warranty. All the more amazing since they didn't sell the car either new or used. It paid off for them a few weeks ago when I traded the Insight in on a new HCH II.

FWIW, window binding is one of the few a common concerns on Insights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts