Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I am trying to remove a peice of plastic molding that surounds the lock for the hatch. If you are standing at the rear of the car, with the hatch open and looking into the back of the car, you can see where the part on the hatch inserts into the lock. Surrounding this lock is a large plastic piece. It lays flat and has two sets of three lines. I am trying to get it off because it is preventing me from removing a section of my carpeting. It is is very secure, but there are no screws or fasteners of any kind that I can see. Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I removed this part just last week to retighten the hatch mechanism (it was rattling). Just pull up on it. There are about 4 triangular plastic pop/tab fasteners holding it in place. Like any such fastener (or a perforation), the force required to disconnect them is nearly equal to or greater than the force required to destroy them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So will I need to buy a replacement fastner(s)? If I do, can you recomend a source or do you have a part number? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Just pull, it comes off. I've had mine off a few times and the clips haven't broken so your probably ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts