Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone removed the black/greyish rear trim on their insight?

I ask cause mine is starting to peel and it looks like it's painted underneath that plastic/vinyl trim.

Thoughts? I have also noticed my passenger side panel (seen below) doesn't sit flush to the body of the car like the driver side. Do you all know of a trick to fix remedy this?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looking car and wheels.
Thank you but it's not my car. My car looks like this one sans wheels.
Which part in particular are you talking about?
The part starting at the wheel cover in the back then following along the rear bumper.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,111 Posts
That part is not painted, there should be no "flaking". It will fade to a light gray.

Willie

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That part is not painted, there should be no "flaking". It will fade to a light gray.

Willie
Willie, my question was can I remove it. It's starting to peel back and I can that it's painted underneath that rubber/vinyl trim

·
Super Moderator
5,222 Posts
Willie, my question was can I remove it. It's starting to peel back and I can that it's painted underneath that rubber/vinyl trim
Can you send a picture? There is vinyl tape on the sides, but the part under the bumper is solid rubber.

Sam

·
Linsight Designer
1,997 Posts
The tech manuals describe in severe detail how to remove and install the rear black plastic trim.

·
Linsight Designer
1,997 Posts
Thanks for adding a picture of what you're talking about. Yes, you can remove that stick on label with a heat gun and lots of elbow grease. You can buy the replacement adhesive decals from Honda. The spats don't line up perfectly with the other body panels. You can make it close by bending the spat retaining lips, but it'll never be perfect...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Sometimes the tabs that the "spats" / rear wheel covers slide into get pushed in too far and it gets tricky to get the slots on the spat to slide in place correctly. You can gently pry them back into position.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone removed the black/greyish rear trim on their insight?

I ask cause mine is starting to peel and it looks like it's painted underneath that plastic/vinyl trim.

Thoughts? I have also noticed my passenger side panel (seen below) doesn't sit flush to the body of the car like the driver side. Do you all know of a trick to fix remedy this?

Get some dzus locks from ebay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts