Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a collision with a small deer the other day. Hit the front valance panel (if that is what it is called), below the front bumper. Hit right in the middle, and there is now a very substantial dent/fold in this plastic valance.

Anyone know if the plastic valance piece can be straightened? i.e., will it pop back straight if I hit it from behind? Or do i need to replace the valance?

Probably have to replace the undertray parts also, as it appears these are mangled (deer went under the car). have not gotten underneath yet.

Thanks for any help.

Duane.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I'd try to warm it lightly, may help it pop out with a push from behind.

·
Registered
38 Posts
bumper cover repair, dents.

heat the area evenly with a heat gun. it should be very hot to the touch. so wear gloves. and you might lose paint. have tools ready to form the bumper. ie straightedge, spoon etc... the bigger the area damaged, the more of the bumper you have to heat up. it will crack if it is not hot enough. its a fine balance. be aware.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked with my insurance company, and they say it is covered under my comprehensive insurance, with no deductible. So I will first try to see if insurance can satisfactorily take care of it.

Thanks for the input, I may still need to try doing it myself.

Duane.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts