Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner living in VA. I need to get my car looked at but was wondering about good/bad dealerships. Anybody out there have some experiences or stories. thanks.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I've been going to Hagerstown Honda for nearly five years and wouldn't go anywhere else. They have a lot of experience with Insights. Leesburg Honda lied to me, Fairfax Honda is a bit expensive, at least when I had my Civic. Only went to the dealer in Winchester once. I wanted the "express" oil change. They told me it would be at least an hour. That didn't seem to express to me. I don't know where you are in VA, but if you are close enough, I think it would be worth the drive to Hagerstown.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I used to live in Fairfax, VA. I never trusted Fairfax Honda -- I have heard too many horror stories (for example, they claimed to have changed out my friend's transmission fluid, but it was clearly not clean fluid in there when he checked it!). I'd buy parts from their parts department before I discovered the joy of online shopping...

Moore Automotive in Fairfax was the place I'd go with my Accord... I don't know if they have everything they'd need in order for them to work on an Insight (e.g. computer equipment). They can do basic stuff to it, of course. If you go there and there's this huge surly guy named "Dave" behind the counter, tell him Cleopatra says hi. He'll get a kick out of that.

I went to Bill Page Honda in Falls Church once. They tried to convince me that I needed 30K service. I told them they were full of it, that the car didn't have 30K miles on it... they said, it does, we checked! I said, look doofuses, you accidentally switched the display to KM... and sure enough, they had... :lol:

Good luck!
-fly

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have to say I've been very happy with Honda of Tyson's Corner. They have been more than fair on labor charges (I just posted elsewhere that they replaced my underbody air dam for the cost of the part alone when I tore it off by driving through a deep puddle too fast - no reason why they had to comp me the labor, but they did).

MF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts