Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced main battery fuse/terminal assembly. Now my IMA & Emissions systems lights a

After my buddy blew my main battery fuse by jumping my car off backwards I replaced the 12v battery & the terminal assembly that houses the 3 engine fuses (under the red cap on the battery). Now my Check IMA light, as well as my Check Emission System light are on. Code reader isn’t working & Honda wants me to bring it in for diagnostics.
Help?

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
After my buddy blew my main battery fuse by jumping my car off backwards I replaced the 12v battery & the terminal assembly that houses the 3 engine fuses (under the red cap on the battery). Now my Check IMA light, as well as my Check Emission System light are on. Code reader isn’t working & Honda wants me to bring it in for diagnostics.
Help?
Check every fuse you can find and replace them. Don't just do visual, do continuity.

Once you've done that, see what's changed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Check every fuse you can find and replace them. Don't just do visual, do continuity.

Once you've done that, see what's changed.
I did that, first thing, when the car turned on and the light came up. So there is no before and after. Sorry.

Also,
**UPDATE** The CHECK EMISSIONS light has gone off. When I'm driving, the info panel showing gas usage vs battery usage/charge shows:
gas usage when I accelerate
battery usage when I let off the gas (who knows how or why)

and at first
battery charging when I brake

but now
nothing when I break, just a picture of a battery/engine/gas can

Dial that goes up into blue during gas usage and down into green when charging/braking doesn't move at all.

Car doesn't Auto Stop

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
You actually checked continuity on all fuses?

Go to O'Reilly and have them check your codes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You actually checked continuity on all fuses?

Go to O'Reilly and have them check your codes.
Yes, I did. I'm not playing here. Trying to fix it up right or not at all.

I used my own code reader but it wouldn't come on. Took it to Advance and they tried two of their own. Its all fancy where it can talk to the tires and damned near every inch of the car, so I'm being told its a BUS2 or something and my code reader doesn't have the extra pins needed to link in to that.

Sound right? Crazy?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More likely that something is damaged/inop as a result of the jump debacle.
Unfortunately, my friends & I agree. Taking it to a regional Honda for diagnostics tomorrow. Hoping the 10 year, 80K warranty still applies. Not going to mention the jump start & cross my fingers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck!
Thank you for your help. I genuinely appreciate it. Your passion for this sort of thing reminds me of the friend who is helping me. He's spent at least as much time as I have researching this for me & hanging out while I mess with it.

NOT the friend who jumped my car incorrectly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts