Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm proud to say I'm a 2000 Honda Insight owner .. It went into Service on March 17 2001 ..Its Red 5spd A/C ...I won it on a auction on Ebay with 26K , got it for well below blue book. It has become my daily driver and I'm looking at cosmetically tricking out my insight .. I have already had the windows professionally dark (Legal) tinted , and it looks great.
I'm currently arranging either custom paint job or decal add on . What I inquiring about is rim/tire upgrades ..
I know some die hard Insight owners would be totally against this do the low friction tires light weight alloy rims, but I'm willing to drop a few MPG
to influence younger newer drivers toward this technology .
To me it appears image outways performance in todays auto selection so I'm giving my Insight a little additude adjustment ..
So any info on size upgrades rims/tires or clearance issue would be greatly appreciated .

Oh by the way , to give a small example of some of the mods. My rear bumper area will read Driver side " Mine Sips" Passenger side " Yours Sucks" , With tribel design on body sides, Hood- tribal Honda Logo , Wheel covers .. Japanese Writing for " Energy & Power"

Plate "FUOPEC"

Get the Idea ..

Thanks ,

Bassplayer

·
Registered
16 Posts
chrome rims

Have you considered just having the stock rims chromed prfessionally. Most people don't really notice tire width, so for purely cosmetic attitude adjustments, perhaps just a little added BLING :wink: BLING would do the trick.

·
Registered
42 Posts
After market wheels

Bassplayer
I am also interested in after market wheels. I live in the great white north and would like to put snows on the stock rims and get a set of 15" for the summer. I already had a post about this and Clayton- Blue Insight 1701 posted a picture of his car with 16" wheels and it looked great.
The problem for me has been finding the specs for the stock wheels.
I know they have a 14" diameter and are 5.5" wide, but what is the offset and how much do they weigh? I contacted Tire Rack but they didn't have the specs either and therefore couldn't recommend any particular wheel but they were able to tell me the rolling diameter of the stock tire is 22.4".
A 195/50 15 tires rolling diameter is 22.7" and a 195/45 15 is 22" and they felt it would be better to go with the 45 series.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wheels

Bassplayer
Check out page two of the Modifications and Technical Issues forum for the picture of Claytons car and more information on wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts