Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, this is my first time here in this forum, can someone orient me where can I buy a replacement hybrid battery for my 2011 Honda Insight. I went to a Honda dealer and they told me I can buy one refurbished there for ~ $2,700 with taxes and core included. Any help? thanks,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bumblebee batteries sells replacement battery packs. The are a site sponsor here so great things about their products can be read throughout the forum.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I think you should post a lot more information about your Insight. IMA battery replacement is rare in this generation. My questions: How many miles on it? How many miles on it when you bought it? What codes/symptoms are you getting/experiencing? Have you ever had software updates from the dealer?
What is the condition/age of the 12 volt battery under the hood?

I ask because we have had folks buy a new/reconditioned IMA batteries only to find that it did not fix anything.
One guy did that only to find that the IMA control electronics were damaged in a rear end collision before he bought it. We have folks who have read body shops fail to cover the hatch area in the rain! If the car sits unused for over a month, the IMA will be weak. Amazingly, it almost always revives with use. A weak 12 volt under hood battery can cause all kinds of havoc with these cars. Even though the IMA tends to always start the car, that 12 volt battery maintains all the electronics for the IMA system. That battery must be actually load tested, it does not matter how many volts it has at rest. Our experience around here is that if you get three years out of one, you are lucky.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
egads
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing