Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened and the mirror has been knocked off my 2002 Silver Honda Insight, I have done some Googling and only finding aftermarkets. Anyone know where you can get replacement 1st Gen Insight mirrors?

Ebay has some blue ones for about - $150
hondaautomotiveparts.com appears to be - $192

Any other leads?

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
It's totally broken in half? I have a silver driver mirror shell with glass, but not the internals

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Part #15 here (the internals) is what is all broken up

Honda Automotive Parts

The outer shell and mirror is actually good
Is it the ball and socket part all busted out like torn from the center? ...flops around and shakes held on only by the two motorized adjusting points?
Like this image showing that part on the right side.
I was able to repair mine broke at the ball and socket joint with a chunk of bosch spark plug boot that was folded inside out and only required a bit of finicky trimming as to proper height to locate the mirror at center back. It's quite steady now underway and works with the power switch.

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Thanks for the kind words :)

I don't have #15, unfortunately. That was broken on this one as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it the ball and socket part all busted out like torn from the center? ...flops around and shakes held on only by the two motorized adjusting points?
Like this image showing that part on the right side.
I was able to repair mine broke at the ball and socket joint with a chunk of bosch spark plug boot that was folded inside out and only required a bit of finicky trimming as to proper height to locate the mirror at center back. It's quite steady now underway and works with the power switch.
The ball/socket in #15 was smashed to pieces so I don't think it's worth trying to repair. In calling the auto salvage yards I did find a nice solution and it seems they are priced around $75.

Car-part.com searches all the junkyards and used parts stores for inventory and I found one about 17 miles away.

Search Results

1 - 7 of 7 Posts