Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good source to replace the stock aluminum wheels for the insight? My snow tires are in, got the Nokian's thanks to the info in IC - just getting ready for the first winter with the car and I'm attempting to put together a winter set and summer set of wheels & tires. The prices I'm finding (180.00 and up each) seem pretty steep.

Any help is appreciated.
Wayne

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Any 4 bolt 14" civic rim will work.
You could get steel rims or used civic OEM alloy rims for cheap from car forums or ebay.
Or you can buy new aftermarket alloy rims for less then $100 each.
http://www.tirerack.com sells 14" alloy rims starting at $65 each.
14" rims that fit any 1990s Civic will fit the Insight.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You are going to love the Nokia tires!!!
The low rolling resistance means no hit to gas mileage and the traction is great.
I have been switching the tires on the original rims (a pain). I need to get going & get spare rims too.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a set of 14" civic rims on ebay (from a 96 ex) right now. From what I've read they should fit. Can someone confirm this before I bid away. As always thanks...

Wayne

aka "the North Coast Hypermiler"

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Waynetc said:
There's a set of 14" civic rims on ebay (from a 96 ex) right now. From what I've read they should fit. Can someone confirm this before I bid away.
Yes they will fit the Insight.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Need rims?

I still have 3 of my original rims. A bit chewed up from curb shots, but perfectly usable. I'll sell them for $100 each. I was thinking of e-bay, but if you're interested let me know.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I specifically bought another set of alum rims instead of steel for my winter tires because I was worried about the extra weight of the steel, plus I'm a bit anal about how the car looks. My sis works for a Honda dealer so the manager sold 'em to me for 40% discount.

·
Registered
476 Posts
wheels

Glad to hear it. Until I sell them they will continue to collect dust in my shed. I bought american racing chrome that weighs 18Lbs, I think. What they lack in light weight, they make up for in rolling momentum. 8) It about evens out. I'm still getting about 60mpg which is pretty good for all the hills in NC.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the offer on the extra stock wheels. I did find a set of Del Sol wheels for it (thanks for confirming that these too will fit Guillermo) and..
they are green. Not the right shade of green, but it was a good deal..

I just wonder if I'll be able to be in the ugliest Insight club once I'm done....maybe some underbody lighting in another shade of green a few neon purple stripes and graphics a three foot rear spoiler...

sounds like a Chip Foose nightmare...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts