Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I’m new to the community and I am a new 2019 Insight owner.
I LOVE this car!! I’m so careful with it and really love driving it. While driving home the other morning from work, (streets empty btw.. Covid19 lockdown) I get to a red light and watch a woman with a 2004 rav4 run the red light, stop in the intersection, and then throw her arm over the passenger seat and hit the car into reverse. I left her about 25 feet and she just floored it and went right into me. Messed up my bumper!!!!!!! She refused to apologize and she claimed that the damage was already there.
Anyhow, after deciding to pay out of pocket because this woman was never going to pay for it, I ordered the parts.. about $200 altogether.
I’m now trying to decide to either pull the bumper off myself and fix it or have my mechanic do it.
Can anyone suggest what to do? I have plenty of tools to do the job but I’ve never done something like this to a new vehicle. I’m a bit worried even though the new parts seem to be 1-2 screws each and snap in’s.

any suggestions?

thanks for the time. Be safe out there!
AA

·
Super Moderator
8,705 Posts
If you don't have her insurance info and you both left the scene then I suppose you are stuck with the repairs. In future, always call the police. They will force her to exchange insurance information. If the other driver leaves the scene, write down the tag number for the police.

Most bumper covers, an assumption on my part, are relatively easy to replace, but you will need patience to sort out the fasteners. Just take your time. If you can't do it, THEN take it to a body shop.

Sometimes there will be fasteners behind stuff that has to be removed first, like inner fender liners and headlights. Might be a fair amount of work - I just don't know Third Gen that well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts