Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has replaced the black, metal window moulding on the exterior of the doors. This is the piece that is at the bottom of the window and has the window insulation attached to the inside. Assuming I can get it from Majestic (they said they need to order it, I know that sometimes means no longer produced) I want to replace both sides on my car as the paint is flaking badly. I see in the shop manual that the pieces are held on with 4 plastic clips. I am wondering if the clips will be reusable or are likely to break when removed. I am also hoping to get a new spoiler (once again needs to be ordered). If anyone has replaced this piece can you tell me if the clips that hold the interior trim on (it needs to come off to get to the spoiler mounts) were reusable. Any input on any of these items would be appreciated.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have removed the "spoiler", as Honda calls it. The plastic hatch trim required a lot of force to pull off, but I didn't break any clips on either of the cars I pulled it from. I chose not to reinstall the trim piece, so I can't guarantee that I didn't bend a few clips.

While you're in there, why not delete your wiper motor?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Your post is confusing as to what you're trying to do. IF it is replacing the trim around the door windows then I'm of no help. If it is to replace or repair the spoiler then the previous poster is incorrect as it does not require "force" at all. The FSM is quite clear describing how it is done. Mine was cracked on one of the mounts so I removed it, JB Welded it, and reinstalled it in about an hours time total but forcing anything there will only result in further, unnecessary, damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts