Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Try HAP auto recyclers...

Seriously, I don't work for these people, they're just the only place I know with Insight's to part out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
do you mean the bulb or the outside 'lens'? i bought some of the '8500k' bulbs listed on ebay for 9.99 a pair (see item 7980119506) and i am very happy with them so far. just a touch of blue, but brighter than standard.

i saw a left insight 'lens' for 39.99 i think.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i just got some silverstars.....

replacing sucks *** in this car!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Good point guys, did you mean the lamp of the housing itself?

If we're talking about the bulb here, silverstars all the way.

Trunkout, the Insight is nothing. Try replacing a head light bulb on a VW Beetle.

·
Registered
340 Posts
What, exactly are siverstars? I changed a bulb with a sylvania something or other and it isn't quite as bright as the other lamp.
When changing the bulb, don't unscrew that phillips back there! That can ruin your evening.
robert

·
Registered
338 Posts
sylvania silverstars....

MUCH brighter than stock....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bulb Replacement

Are there any instructions on how to get this bulb out? Easy part was removing the wiring and rubber cover. I can't find what makes the bulb turn loose.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
There's a retaining clip you have to press in then pull upwards to release the bulb. On the drivers side the coolant overflow resivor has to slide up so it's out of the way.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Caveat:

Silverstar replacement bulbs are noted for lasting not many months, e.g. as few as 3.

Their instructions ( FWIW ) say somethingn like:
"Do not touch the bulb glass: oil from the fingers increases heat on the surface and shortens bulb life"

·
Registered
2 Posts
EuroDezigns 8500K HID

These are the bulbs I'm replacing the factory ones with. I'll pack the factory ones in the case and keep those for backup.

Are these EuroDezign bulbs prone to problems? I know to wear gloves to handle them but I certainly don't want to be replacing these every 3 months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts