Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked at Kelly Blue Book and found out my 2001 CVT's resale value is only around $9k. It's barely over a year old and in like new condition with only 9900 miles! While I didn't buy this car with the intent to sell so soon or make money, I can't help but wonder if I made a mistake now. I was thinking about trading it in on a Civic Hybrid.....but not if I'm going to lose my shirt.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Look on eBay...

Look on eBay...I think they are selling for more than that.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,875 Posts
Kelly blue book is BS. They are controlled by the BIG THREE auto makers. Their stats are compiled from vehicle sold and vehicles resold. How many INSIGHTS have you seen for resale? Especially from private owners. Doesn't that appear that the Insight owners are satisfied with their vehicle? I love my Insight and will keep it no matter what. Don't become one of the crowd and become a drone. Make up your mind what you want and live by it. Be independant and make the selection with your heart. ...................Willie*

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I just sold a silver 2000 Insight with 33K miles on it for $11,500, which might have been a little low considering I sold it to the first person who came to look at it. I'm sure yours is worth more than the one I just sold. I think your looking at the trade in value, check out the retail value, it should be more like 14,000 anyways.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I was talking about trading my insight in on a Civic Hybrid, so I was looking at the correct number.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Well it would make more sense to sell it out of your house because you could get more money for it than trading it in at a dealership. Good news too, since I sold the 2000 Insight I've had 4 inquires about it since. I think it wouldn't be very hard to find a buyer, espeically with gas at it's current price. The guy I sold mine too was driving his F-150 400 miles a week so I'm sure you could find someone in a similar situation. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree selling the car outright is always better. But it's just easier to do a trade in (if you still owe on the car).

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes, Edmunds certainly paints a much rosier picture than Kelley Blue Book. Just for kicks I put in all the info about my car to see what they estimated, and the prices that came back were at least more than I currently owe on the car!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts