Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, rescued another today. 191k miles, unfortunately both the cats are stolen and -very- badly patched up, the throwout bearing is making noise and the front end looks like it bonked something. Otherwise the car is in pretty good shape for a 600$ insight. Rear speakers, aftermarket radio with Bluetooth. RE92's on the rear.
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
2005 Honda Insight Automatic
136 Posts
Finally got your blue insight. Will that complete your in-(finity)-sight gauntlet?

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally got your blue insight. Will that complete your in-(finity)-sight gauntlet?
No I have 3 in this color now 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 I need a 04-06 Navy blue.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your turning into Gerald, our old friend from insightfest. Best insight meet I ever been too. I wish he still was into insights . How many you own now.
Yea I miss seeing his ever growing fleet. I'm up to 8.

Reactions: DaveF

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Nice. I got the bug and was on a similar path not long ago but then I thought wait a minute.

Great to see people keeping these alive!

Reactions: Dave Baz

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 01 CVT with 325000 on is sidelined after hitting a deer. Hood, bumper, headlight, radiator and probably some other stuff to fix. I have an 03 I am driving now but want to restore my beloved 01. Any ideas on finding parts? Live near Minneapolis, MN.

·
Registered
666 Posts
My 01 CVT with 325000 on is sidelined after hitting a deer. Hood, bumper, headlight, radiator and probably some other stuff to fix. I have an 03 I am driving now but want to restore my beloved 01. Any ideas on finding parts? Live near Minneapolis, MN.
I have a silver 02 cvt in excellent body shape, that I was going to kswap, for 1000 if you want it. A bit of a drive to Chicago but…that project is a way off from realization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2000 Insight
5 Posts
I feel your pain, having recently been hit in my 2000, but with less damage. Try Car-Part.com to do a nationwide search for parts. Also look on this site for people parting out cars. Good lick.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well, rescued another today. 191k miles, unfortunately both the cats are stolen and -very- badly patched up, the throwout bearing is making noise and the front end looks like it bonked something. Otherwise the car is in pretty good shape for a 600$ insight. Rear speakers, aftermarket radio with Bluetooth. RE92's on the rear. View attachment 93248
Thanks for rescuing the Insights from an uncertain future! You clearly see their value. I often wish I had a big shop with lots of inside storage.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for rescuing the Insights from an uncertain future! You clearly see their value. I often wish I had a big shop with lots of inside storage.
Yea I do what I can, but I definitely don't have unlimited space. Actually the city has been on my tail the past couple of months for having as much as I do on the property (20 vehicles total) so I'm putting a fence up. Then it's game on >: D.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hopefully you don't have to contend with rodents too. Government is challenging enough. It's too bad building costs have gotten so high as it used to be fairly inexpensive to put up a metal shop/garage.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hopefully you don't have to contend with rodents too. Government is challenging enough. It's too bad building costs have gotten so high as it used to be fairly inexpensive to put up a metal shop/garage.
Nope, we have stray cats who tend to keep the rodents at bay. Only thing I have to contend with is black windows. Eek!

·
Registered
666 Posts
My insight had black widows crawling on it. Not going to lie, I was a bit freaked out. I saw egg nests when I got back but car stayed parked throughout the winter by the time I’d found them. Poor little widows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea I was pulling the cats off my parts car last night it put on this blue one I picked up and I was just chillin with one. She was up near the passenger side axle and wasn't bothering me, so I didn't bother her.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yea I was pulling the cats off my parts car last night it put on this blue one I picked up and I was just chillin with one. She was up near the passenger side axle and wasn't bothering me, so I didn't bother her.
They sure have a nasty bite, be careful.

·
Registered
666 Posts
That’s exactly where I noticed the egg sacks, when changing the belly pan for the aluminum one piece, that’s scary.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I pulled the exhaust off today and just lmao. There is no wonder this car attempted to murder me every single time I drove it (seriously, I almost passed out driving it home from carbon monoxide poisoning). This has got to be the single most worst welds I have ever seen. All is well now though, I swapped on the cats from my parts car, changes the oil and the air filter as well as rotating the tires.

[Edit]: I think there is a conspiracy against me, I can't post pictures.

[EditX2]: Figured it out.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Wood Motor vehicle Gas Metal Bicycle tire

1 - 20 of 23 Posts