Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the most gas I've ever put into the car, it was reporting no range or fuel left. The car seems to like hanging on to 1-1.5 gallons which is a lot for a 10 gallon and change tank.

Don't worry, I don't normally run it this low but wanted to find out how much it held back.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's my experience in every Honda I have owned that once the fuel light comes on you have about 100 miles left till you run out of gas.

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is the most gas I've ever put into the car, it was reporting no range or fuel left. The car seems to like hanging on to 1-1.5 gallons which is a lot for a 10 gallon and change tank.

Don't worry, I don't normally run it this low but wanted to find out how much it held back.
The only thing I noticed from you post was the price. Only 96 cents per gallon?!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was the fuel light turned on around '50' miles of range left, I ran to 0 range remaining and no ticks left on the fuel meter. Still had over a gallon left.

Just a little annoying when the tank is so small and it seems to hold back the same amount of gas my 17 gallon tank Accord did. Small gripe I know haha, was just hoping to avoid the gas station more with this car. At least the visits are much cheaper!

Was lucky on the gas price, had $1 off from Kroger.

·
Super Moderator
7,181 Posts
Was lucky on the gas price, had $1 off from Kroger.
Yeah, we have that here in Richmond also, but it is kinda voodoo economics. Obviously, Kroger as a profit making corporation isn't giving anything away free. They have to make up the cost of the fuel points in the price of their groceries. But if you are gonna shop there, you may as well use the points because you have already paid for them. I can never seem to get above .20 reduction so I get my gas cheaper at Costco, and my groceries too;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts