Honda Insight Forum banner

Reset Trophy??

11K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  brownie112 
#1 ·
I recently got my first "trophy" and have heard that I can "reset" the econ meter to start over. Can't figure out how to do that? Anyone have any insight (no pun intended) on how to do that if it can be done???

Thanks!
Jane

#2 ·
Insight from the Insight manual ;) :

P. 310
Reset the System
The following procedure clears all leaves and your lifetime points. This procedure must be followed exactly.

Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position. Confirm that the ECON mode is OFF. If it is OFF, proceed to step 1. Do run the engine.

If the ECONmode is on, press and release the ECONbutton to turn it off. You also need to turn the ignition switch off.

Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position again. Do run the engine.

Complete the following steps within 30 seconds:

1- Press and release the brake pedal at least two times. The ambient meter color changes from blue to green .

* The ambient meter color changes only if the multiinformation display’s meter color change setting is on. (See page 103.)

2- Press and release the ECON button two times (ECON mode comes on, then goes off). The ambient meter color goes off, and the accumulated data is cleared.

3- Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK (0) position.

P.S. Welcome to InsightCentral :)

#3 ·
Manual PITA to cut & paste

I tried the above procedure and can verify it does work if followed exactly.

The one mistake is in lines 1 and 3 of the procedure where it states "Do run the engine". It should read "Do NOT run the engine".

The manual doesn't play nice with Microsoft's cut and paste.

Cheers...

#8 ·
There is morre then 1 trophy....

:)

There are 2 small trophies and then a Final Big Trophy.....
By resetting you won't ever get to see the final big trophy.

You should wait until you get to the end before resetting as the 2nd Trophy challanges you to improve your driving skills more as does the 3rd do you hone your gas milage even more.

I just bought my Insight the last week of February 2010...and indeed love it!

It's nice that on 10 gallons , I get 500+ miles...So far average MPG has been around 40.

#10 ·
Ahh, Okay confused me when you said tropy instead of trophies!

View attachment 825

Weskm,
I went thru all 3 stages and did get the "Big One." I attached the photo...it took me a little over 6k miles to get it. That is why I reset, you can keep doing. Challenging myself to get in less miles than last time.

Jane
Jane,
Okay thats great....
I only just got my Insight and have yet to put a 1000 miles on it...
getting close, probably this week.

I am a Geek that loves video games and computers so having the Insights 'game' feature to better driving is a feature I like about it and am looking forward to getting my trophies and the that grand one when I too will need to reset.

Wes

#11 ·
Wes, it is fun. I kept my cell phone handy so I would not miss the big one!! The reset directions posted above take about 2 minutes to do, and I actually had to show our Honda Service guy how to do it!!
I am averaging about 40 city and mid 50's on the freeways. Not bad!!

#14 · (Edited)
When I run engine, speedometer shows only blue color, there is no green light.

Any idea how can I see green light on speedometer?

Thank you in advance
Welcome to InsightCentral!

I think you mean what Honda calls the Ambient meter feature, that changes the color around the speedometer to green when you drive economically and to purple when you don't?
There is a setting in the Multi-Information Display that allows you to enable or disable the meter color change.
See user manual page 103.
Apparently yours is switched off?

Hope this helps :)

EDIT FWIW I found this video:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.