Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fortunate enough to pick up a shoebox sub on the FS side here pre-covid & during that was able to source a replacement matching subwoofer (rotted out) and a matching amp to what John Wayland used to offer the G1 back in the day.

Does anyone have the schematics up so that I can build out the under seat tray - like this:

source: Sound System

vs. me hacking something together w/ cardboard before I ask my buddy that can weld aluminum to see what options exist?

IF someone has one knocking about in their garage, attic or basement, please let me know if you'd be interested in letting it go.

For those that don't know about the ShoeBox, there is a ton here if you search, but it went out production eons ago.

Here's a way-back link to the formulization of the idea: shoebox history

Tks again,

BBCB

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a shoebox sub and amp combo, I have replaced the amp and the driver... but the driver I used must be the wrong one as it does not "hit" like the original did... the original part number on the driver was no longer available (8W3-D2) good luck, when they work well they are amazing!

·
Super Moderator
9,196 Posts
I also have the Wayland system from my conversion citrus. I removed them them when I put my LTO packs in because I was concerned about the ever building car weight. What are they worth these days? Sorry, I don't have the wiring diagram. I do know it requires a 40A fuse. It draws so much power that it affects fuel economy a bit ;)

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

This is the one I am working with.

Lurking on ebay has allowed me to source the Eclipse amp.

As it's likely going into the CVT the mpg hit won't cause additional angst.

@jime, pm sent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts