Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a heads up on stuff I hope to do at this great event assuming I can get all my kit on the plane and through customs.

Any special requests etc or bits people want me to bring, then add them to this thread please.

I intend to enjoy the company, generous hospitality and all the lectures and demos by the various gurus attending.
I hope to meet and chat with everyone during the course of the event and answer any questions you might have.

I hope to be able to offer an IMAC&C and OBDIIC&C clinic, where owners with issues, queries or wanting software upgrades can grab me to assist them.
For owners of early guages still using the 16F886 chips I will be bringing some of the current 18F2620 ones and can install/program them in situ for you.
Ideas on numbers might be useful....

I'll be doing sessions on my devices and programming them during the weekend anyway.

Anything else people want from me?

Cu all soon. Peter

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Peter,

I'm still interested in testing out a "Boost" button option for the P&P IMAC&C (per discussion in that thread). If a beta becomes available, I can plug it in and test it prior to the fest. Races this and next weekends.

B

·
Administrator
10,771 Posts

·
Linsight Designer
1,778 Posts
I'm excited to exchange ideas with you, Peter!
On the tech support side, the preassembled OBDIIC&C I purchased from you a few years back has slowly lost it's ancillary functions - first no backlight, then no beeper - but the core functionality is still going strong so I haven't bothered troubleshooting... mainly because the screen and motherboard PCBs are permanently soldered together. If you're around and curious, it'll be in my car ;).

-John

·
Super Moderator
4,795 Posts
I'm not so sure this is a good idea. Getting your two brains together might cause some kind of power outage. :)

Sam

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm not so sure this is a good idea. Getting your two brains together might cause some kind of power outage. :)

Sam
Certainly a creativity spike...

Who knows what wonderful creations this Meet could so easily inspire... It'll be fun to find out as time goes on!

Roger
who has added a query to the Caravan from the east coast thread, hoping to get something going

·
Registered
235 Posts
On the tech support side, the preassembled OBDIIC&C I purchased from you a few years back has slowly lost it's ancillary functions. ...
Mine's doing great except for losing a single pixel line, the second line from the bottom... In other words it's doing great. And it gets plenty of very helpful daily use via my mini-PHEV approach, charging the pack with electricity instead of gas.

Roger

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Is mr represnipink the man to see about the the obd||c&c set ups,I hear it's a must have for insights,,his he bringing some basic starter models for us newbies to buy,

·
Super Moderator
4,795 Posts
You'll get answers by emailing Peter at the address in his signature line. He doesn't always see questions here right away.

Sam

·
Administrator
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am bringing about 16 built and cased OBDIIC&C's to the gathering and two complete IMAC&C P&P setups with modified MCM's I'll be bringing lots of other stuff inc bare pcb's current hacks, simple cycler boards etc etc... Test equipment. Bla Bla Bla...

I will take cash US dollars or paypal (+5%) if people want to buy stuff. A hand built by me cased OBDIIC&C costs $300 for example... No postage if you buy at the event... :)

I might haggle on some stuff near the end, but once stuff has gone it's gone...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am bringing about 16 built and cased OBDIIC&C's to the gathering and two complete IMAC&C P&P setups with modified MCM's I'll be bringing lots of other stuff inc bare pcb's current hacks, simple cycler boards etc etc... Test equipment. Bla Bla Bla...

I will take cash US dollars or paypal (+5%) if people want to buy stuff. A hand built by me cased OBDIIC&C costs $300 for example... No postage if you buy at the event... :)

I might haggle on some stuff near the end, but once stuff has gone it's gone...
Peter, will you be bringing IMA Boost? I might be interested in this. Since converting my CVT to LB, the Insight is using a lot of battery juice. I guess we will talk during the event and get your recommendation whether a IMAC&C or IMA Boost be better.

·
Super Moderator
4,795 Posts
I have the same issue. Maybe we can have a side session with Peter and the LB CVT crowd of about three!

Sam

·
Administrator
10,771 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
The only thing I'd like you to bring is your brain and the source code for the OBDIIC&C. I've got a project I'm working on that I could use a slight tweak to the software. I know that's not something you normally do but I'm hoping this special event might help change your mind.

·
Administrator
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tools

Would be useful if a few people could bring soldering irons with small bits and solder.
Also miniature screwdriver sets and cutters pliers.
Also the torx head bit for ima cover bolts and 10mm sockets etc .

I wont get these through onto my flights and dont want to risk having them confiscated at the airport..

Also anyone got tressel folding tables and chairs to set up a display on... etc
I'll set my stuff out and people can get hands on with it... Thanks

I will have my laptop and the source code for all my gadgets ;)

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Would be useful if a few people could bring soldering irons with small bits and solder.
Also miniature screwdriver sets and cutters pliers.
Also the torx head bit for ima cover bolts and 10mm sockets etc .

I wont get these through onto my flights and dont want to risk having them confiscated at the airport..

Also anyone got tressel folding tables and chairs to set up a display on... etc
I'll set my stuff out and people can get hands on with it... Thanks

I will have my laptop and the source code for all my gadgets ;)
Got you covered, Peter. Folding table, chair, and Weller soldering station are coming with me.

·
Linsight Designer
1,778 Posts
Peter, FYI: I'm bringing a 4 channel oscilloscope if you don't want to lug yours around. You're free to use it, or bring your own.

I'm bringing the tools required for the IMA bay.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I've got a nice Aoyue soldering station I can bring.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts