Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying a sway bar for my 2010 EX. Does anyone have opinions on brands or options, front or rear? I know Cobb has used a Progress Honda Fit Sway bar.

My primary reason for wanting one is for handing at interstate speeds and for less body roll during turns.

Thanks all!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
If this is a new problem Id do an inspection of your underside, tire psi to make sure everything is ok.

There is a lot that effects "roll" on this car, including tires. Although I want a new front sway bar, I havent done so yet. Id get the biggest one I can and urthene fittings. I did however find my links were loose and replaced them.

The rear is a progress fit sway bar. In the trunk is a rear strut tower brace. You need to install this on top of the large flat washers of the shock absorber assembly and crank it down. The curtis hitch helps to firm up the rear and provides more weight down low below the axle line.

Having said all that, I like it. I slow own to 60 to take ramps. :D

Below are a links to a few bars. The B pillar brace I had helped to reduce the corrections need whle on a curve, but i Had to remove it for the slowsl seat relocation brackets.

Cusco 386 311 A24 Front Anti Sway Bar 24 mm Honda Insight Fit GE8 | eBay

Ultra Racing 16mm Rear Anti Body Roll Sway Bar Stabilizer 08 12 Fit Insight | eBay

Genuine UR Honda Insight 1 3 Rear Anti Roll 19mm Sway Bar | eBay

Ultra Racing 22mm Front Anti Roll Sway Bar Stabilizer 08 12 Honda Fit Insight | eBay

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, Cobb! Thank you for posting the information, as well as the links to the bars. If I were to buy/install one bar at a time, then I should go for the rear kit first, correct?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
175 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts