·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
226 Posts
well,
e-mail the photo to me and I'll set it into my photobucket account.

there are some free photo sharing sites besides photobucket.

victor

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Myself and JimE meet up on a regular bases. I was just at his house last weekend sharing home grown vegatables and discussing how to tap the power lines in his back yard for free electricity. :D I recalled an EVer who carried fiberglass poles with him and would use the lines to top off as his traveled.

I got an C&C ODB2 meter and am waiting on the programmer and a few chips. I wouldnt mind once I get that to allow some folks to play with it as long as I can watch. Id love to get a CVT owner to test it, but Mr Chuckles hasnt answered my email :confused:

We live between Chippenham Pkwy and 288. I think you can take 64 down to i95, 195 to the powhite pkwy to Chippenham to Hull st. Thats assuming you are a Harbor Freight freak like me. Otherwise keep trucking til you get to Courthouse or 288 towards Amelia. We meet at a Starbucks in the shopping center of a Barnes and Noble just off 288.

I am busy this weekend, JimE is at the dyno but maybe we can all get together next weekend or thereafter?

·
Registered
2 Posts
These cars are looking sharp. LOL at the story about the guy carrying a pole around to get power from the power lines. Be careful out there!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Meeting in Richmond, VA - Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:00am

Anyone interested in meeting up this Saturday Aug 11, 2012 at 11:00am? COBB & I are confirmed with a maybe from JTMCO. We'll confirm the location once we have an idea who's coming, as we have a couple people who might be coming from out of town and we want to make it at as Central a location as possible.

PM me or respond here if you're interested and we hope to hear from you and get to meet you. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
Anyone interested in meeting up this Saturday Aug 11, 2012 at 11:00am? COBB & I are confirmed with a maybe from JTMCO. We'll confirm the location once we have an idea who's coming, as we have a couple people who might be coming from out of town and we want to make it at as Central a location as possible.

PM me or respond here if you're interested and we hope to hear from you and get to meet you. :cool:
I'm in. I'll also send an e-mail to jrmgarcia who is over in Williamsburg. He has expressed an interest. If he shows, I'd suggest somewhere over on the east side of town, like maybe the Starbucks at Parham and I-95. There is also a B&N in Libbie Place Shopping Center, at 5501 W. Broad. Anyplace ok with me so long as it isn't Roanoke;)

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I am always in so feel free to ask any time, Insight, HCH, EV or even a Prius owner. :rolleyes:

Ill bring my odb2 c&c meter with programmer, Mr Chuckles is bringing a laptop to program and or reprogram it. :D

I am not a fan of Broad, Cary or the Blvd St myself. I almost got a smart for its outstanding ability to parallel park. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
Richmond Meetup!

The informal Richmond Honda Hybrid club will meet at 11:00am on Saturday 8/11. The meeting is at the Hull St. Barnes and Noble in Midlothian, VA. The B&N is located on Hull St. , first light and left from the intersection of Hull and VA288. We'll be talking several hybrid subjects, doing some tinkering with the OBDII C&C gauge, having some sandwiches and drinking lots of great coffee!

All Honda Hybrids welcome! Come as you are:)

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
I am not a fan of Broad, Cary or the Blvd St myself. I almost got a smart for its outstanding ability to parallel park. :)
The 5501 Broad St. B&N is in a shopping center, so parallel parking or searching for a space is not required. It's just another B&N we could think about if locations became important. It is actually closer to your home than the Parham Rd B&N.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I almost got a smart for its outstanding ability to parallel park. :)
You just reminded of the day I bought my Insight. I spent (iirc) an hour and a half practising parallel parking in a quiet residential road. Now, after ten years, I'd struggle to get it right in a car that doesn't taper towards the back. :)

Martin.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey, great to meet up with you guys! You can really learn a lot from being around fellow owners. It's awfully nice to have a "support network" in place. Hopefully we can dig up some more owners in the area. I know I'll be trying hard to make the big mid-Atlantic meeting coming soon.

So, as I was the first to head back home, I got to get in my car while they were still lined up. As I was getting in, I could see and hear a younger couple looking the cars over and talking about "electric." Its quite a sight to see that many Insights all in a row. I bet they weren't the only ones that noticed! Boy, I'd love to see 6-10 sometime!!!
Thanks again jime, Mr. Chuckles and Cobb for "reaching out" and inviting me. Looking forward to the next one!

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Yeah, that was fun. Maybe we can do it again before the meet up?

Two weeks ago myself and Jim met up and got to talking about how the prius tranny works and the guy here welded it up. You should of seen the dirty look someone gave us across the room. :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

1 - 19 of 19 Posts