Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I bought this one owner car in late Dec. It has 88,000 miles and it came with all the original owners maintenance invoices. It's in excellent condition except for the usual HV battery IMA code.

I've contacted Honda to see if I can get some help on a new battery since the original owner brought the car in for maintenance a few thousand miles over the warranty mileage with the IMA light already on and a POA78F error code.

I've been driving the 1988 CRX-HF in the background for 22 years. I think it's unhappy because on the way home from the test drive of the Insight the exhaust pipe broke! :p

Update 1/20/13: Honda covered the new battery 99% !! I can't be happier.

On a test drive today over a 4 mile flat test road at 50 mph the car averaged 92.7 mpg! I typically get 50 mpg in traffic while not in lean burn and 75-80 mpg in lean burn. Wait till I get the correct tires on the car. :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Adding a picture in "Reply to thread"

How do you add a picture when you are replying to a thread?

In the past I've just posted the response without the picture and then edited the post which then allows me to add a picture.

In this thread the post has to be moderated and I didn't get a chance to add the picture OR a title. :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
I dunno. I hadn't seen one before, and they're kinda retro looking. Like! But then I liked my Element when everyone hated 'me. Funny thing.... Now my kids like it!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
OK I finally figured out how to add pictures. This car is perfect except for missing the passengers side front strake.

Oh wait, it has a major electrical problem. The "Low fuel" dash light doesn't work but after tearing the dash apart I found out the bulb and the socket circuitry is good. Shucks, I guess I can live with that. :mad:

·
Registered
29 Posts
My recent 2000 Silverstone :

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wonder what the odds are for a 1g insight to win. Mine is just a plain jane citrus yellow. Kinda dirty. Missing the IPU cover currently. Disintegrating antenna. Oh and comes equipped with authentic battle damage pitting from rocks on the freeway!
Very Nice sweet ride,Louieaz

·
Registered
1 Posts
alright, this is my first post! I have been a lurker here for about a year or so now... So here we go! This is My 2002 Honda Insight. I have had it for about a month now...

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
That's a nice photo from an angle you don't see often. G1 looks great in red!

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
21 - 40 of 67 Posts