Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
7,185 Posts
I saw one of his ads before on Craigslist, before he had a website. He really didn't have a clue what he was talking about, it sounded like - I even emailed him a few corrections to his technical information. His excuse was that he doesn't really ever work on Insights, which was fair enough.

But I guess competition is good, from a customer's standpoint, so I'm interested to hear how he does.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I just came across a posting for this service on Craigslist. Does anyone have any experience with them? Is it possible to recondition the batteries as he states? RochaTek-Battery Information
WOW!

There's an awful lot of misinformation there.

I didn't know Gen-I Insights only had 84 cells. :-?

P1601 is CEL *OFF* not CEL *ON*

So basically, he's just going to charge the sticks and test their capacity. He can't be cycling them because he's doing it in 3 days.

That's the state of the art circa 2008.

He even shows a picture of a Civic battery standing on end with the junction board end with the protective cover removed. We NEVER store them like that vertically without the covers. If anything fell and hit the area above the 100A fuse, you'd have a fire.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I saw one of his ads before on Craigslist, before he had a website. He really didn't have a clue what he was talking about, it sounded like - I even emailed him a few corrections to his technical information. His excuse was that he doesn't really ever work on Insights, which was fair enough.

But I guess competition is good, from a customer's standpoint, so I'm interested to hear how he does.
Any failing (not failed) battery that is charged and cycled will improve for a little while.

That's why we offer a year warranty - to take it past the 60 day and 8 month barriers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts