Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Macmusick,
Here is my experience: First, I have lived in Vail (Avon) for a year and at the time drove a 97 Pont Grand Prix. That winter, we had 28 FT :shock: of snow between Oct and May. Many days, even with snow tires, the weigth that car had + front wheel drive it was a struggle. Add to that the 6 - 8 % grades on I-70, even well plowed, caused me many problems. I now live in Denver and can give you two instances of heavy snow that caused a problem with my 2000 Insight. This March we had a blizzard - 36" of snow and I could not get out of my subdivision due to the low clearence of the Insight. Have a friend with a VW Bug, neither could he. Three days later I attempted it, was able to get out and did fine to a point. Again, low clearence being the problem. Fall of last year we had one snow dump of 12" in Denver and with alot of wheel spinning was able to navigate the city streets. I find that less than 8-9" is an inconvienence - slows you down and you need to be careful which routes you take. A foot or more can leave you without a ride. As far as power, I can't say thats ever been a problem/question with my Insight.

Good luck :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts