Registered
1,558 Posts
Must be something in the air..
.. fresh off the press today from Consumer Reports: A solution offered by HONDA

"How to Protect Your Car From Rodents
Clever solutions to critters nibbling at your wires

"Last updated: January 27, 2016 08:30 AM

• What you can do
  • We found a clever solution in a TSB from Honda: rodent-deterrent tape, essentially an electrical tape treated with super-spicy capsaicin, which Honda describes as “the stuff that puts the fire in a bowl of five-alarm chili.” The tape (part number 4019-2317) is available through dealers for about $36 for a 20-meter roll, about 22 yards. You'll also find it online."
I wonder if it works on bad backs! lolz

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, don't touch your eyes after handling this tape. I love the mouse graphics on the tape, but the center roll looks like it has been chewed up by rats. Lol

Also: "Since this report was originally published in 2014, some Honda owners joined in filing a federal class-action suit. Their claim is that the automaker used soy-based coatings in 2012-2015 models that attract rodents, and they seek restitution for repairs from Honda."

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Does polaritly make a difference?

I will have to dig thru a box of wiring harness, but I am taking apart a Gen 1, and there is a body ground location toward the outside of the glove box up behind the dash and air duct. Multiple conductors terminated at this location. Each wire insulation had been chewed individually from the crimp terminal back about half an inch.
Will get a pic in a few days for you.
Randall:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts