Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something is rolling around in my car. It almost sounds like a marble. At first I thought something was in the center console because that's where the sound was coming from, but I took most of it apart (except where the shifter is) and found no foreign objects. Now I'm thinking that maybe something is stuck in the vent under my seat...

Anyone else have this issue or have suggestions with how to deal with it? I looked in the service manual and couldn't find anything about accessing the floor vent.. :confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Something is rolling around in my car. It almost sounds like a marble. At first I thought something was in the center console because that's where the sound was coming from, but I took most of it apart (except where the shifter is) and found no foreign objects. Now I'm thinking that maybe something is stuck in the vent under my seat...

Anyone else have this issue or have suggestions with how to deal with it? I looked in the service manual and couldn't find anything about accessing the floor vent.. :confused:
post a video with the sound if possible

·
Registered
210 Posts
And you did not think about the ceiling?
I was thinking about the rattle panel to my left, but the crack was on the top.
Perhaps something rolls under the ceiling.
https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-discussions/113473-war-rattles.html
Also, if I were you, I would blow a compressor into the vents. Or put the car on a slope (face up), then the object rolled out of the ventilation pipe. It may be necessary the cable to clean the pipes or the vacuum cleaner.

Maybe something is moving in the console of the shift lever (nut, screw) or a nut has rolled under the holder of the glasses. First you need to thoroughly vacuum all the niches and pockets, carpets, under the seats, and then look further.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts