Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving on the freeway today the left rubber on my roof blew off the rubber on the roof between the frame and the roof. Any suggestion where i can find a replacent?
Tia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Driving on the freeway today the left rubber on my roof blew off the rubber on the roof between the frame and the roof. Any suggestion where i can find a replacent?
Tia

go to the dealer ... tell them it looks like you had one of their defected recalled roof rubber liners. They will probably change it for free.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go to the dealer ... tell them it looks like you had one of their defected recalled roof rubber liners. They will probably change it for free.

Keep in mind im in South Africa and Honda is pretty useless here... I had to explain to them about ten times last week that the cvt fluid change must happen at 40k km or 2 years...they don't understand the "or 2 years"

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Well, you may not be in a place that Honda is interested in pleasing their customers, or in a country that would compel them to fix defects, but Honda does have a fix for this. I involves using redesigned moldings. Around here some folks used silicone to stick down the existing ones early on. But those people either knew it was an issue or had one come loose in a car wash. You are going to have to buy one. Let me look up part numbers and post again. Here there are dealers who sell parts online and mostly it will note that the art number is new an supersedes a previous one. You want to make sure you get the new design.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Here is the thread from here discussing this:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/honda-insight-forum-2nd-gen-discussion/21640-got-service-notice-today-about-roof-molding-my-2010-insight.html

I have the new part number 74306-TM8-A02
Listed there in a post on page 6

Bernardi Honda in the US lists them $29.79 each Full list price is $42.43

The new part number comes with redesigned clips.

Amazon shows them At about $40.00

Do a search locally for Insight roof molding, there are services that will import to order for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts