Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the old girl back from the dealer, 4 brand new wheels & centre caps later she looks like a new car.

All done under the Honda warranty, not bad when they are apparently £450 each!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Result!
What forced the change?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wheels were corroding on the machined face, from what looked like stone chips.

Anyway, Fish Brothers Honda in Swindon fought my corner & got 4 new wheels out of Honda for me, they really are the best dealer I have ever been to.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Always nice to hear a good review. I’d like to check Fish Brothers out myself. To bad it would be such a long drive…

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
But isn't it ashame there are so many wear problems with this car. Rubber window and door seals, headlights peeling, rear hatch area headliner falling, on and on.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi Resist-

True. Some of them are kind of puzzling; you would think Honda would have rubber gasket technology down. I can’t help but wonder if our vehicles are guinea pigs for more technology than we are aware of as limited production = limited liability.

·
Registered
180 Posts
After 40k miles my wheels have a few chips in the clear coat, but no corrosion. Mark, if you have any pictures of the old wheels I'm sure many of us would like to see what they looked like.

As far as there being "so many wear problems" I don't believe this is common to every Insight. My Insight only has regular wear on the tires and floor mats. No rips in the door gaskets, peeling headlights, headliner falling, or leaking seat belts. Not saying my car is perfect or anything, it does have leaking speakers (although I would put much of this blame on the previous owner) and the window channels do bind up a bit. You also have to remember that people rarely speak out about how their car is running without problems.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would have to concur with Dazey for the most part. Other than a few minor niggles, I feel that my Insight has served me well. My car has never spent more than a day in the shop at any one time, and has never let me down. Not too shabby after more than 4 years, almost 70K miles, and more fun than any car has ever given me. Do I wish my minor flaws would disappear? Sure, but I expected some things would go wrong before I signed on the dotted line. Given all the groundbreaking stuff on these cars, its really amazing they are as reliable as they've proven to be.

I've certainly had lower tech cars that have given me way more problems than my Insight.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To date, I've had the following.

1. R/H roof trim distorted & letting in water

2. R/H door seal split & letting in water.

3. The dreaded EGR valve.

4. $ alloys replaced.

I'm not too dissapointed in that little lot really, when you take into account the Insight is a low volume production car & therefore probably had less development invested in it.

Having sad that, my old Civic did 100,000 miles with no warranty issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts